Wednesday, April 28

Ugh...

     This week has not been going as planned! :( I did really well Monday, but Tuesday I got lazy and didn't really give myself a good workout. Then this morning I didn't get up at all!! Not good! So I am determined to exercise this afternoon after work or I am in big trouble and will have to punish myself severely!
     I thought I would give a little insight into the diet I am following. I am following both the diet to get the mold toxin out of the body as well as the "Zone Diet". Since I don't have the mold infection I don't have to follow that diet as religiously, but I wanted to make sure I was still eating the right things to help keep me healthy and active. (Yes I did consider starving myself, what girl hasn't, but my husband wouldn't allow that and a good friend said it doesn't really work that way anyway... Darn!)
     I was first introduced to the "Zone Diet" by a good fried Ryan Moody (He, he, you are on my blog Ryan!!) He is a trainer at Crossfit and let's just say he has the body to match!! ;) I wanted to get in shape last year and I wasn't sure how to go about dieting because I had never dieted before and didn't really know much about food in general, besides the obvious... I love to eat it! So, Ryan sat me down and explained this diet to me. The diet consists of eating a certain number of blocks for each meal and snack. The blocks are also separated into three parts: Protein, Carbs, and Fats (The good ones, not ice cream. I know, I was disappointed too.) So for me, my block allotment was 3 blocks for breakfast, lunch, and dinner; and 1 block for snacks. What this meant was, every breakfast, lunch, and dinner I needed to eat 3 blocks of protein, 3 blocks of carbs, and 3 blocks of fats. And the same for snack, but only 1 block per category. You are always supposed to balance your meal between those three groups.
     I got a giant list of all the favorable proteins, carbs, and fats and the amount of each that would equal 1 block, there is also a list of unfavorable carbs that you should stay away from, but if you do choose to eat them then the quantity is smaller. (Don't worry I will post the pages so you can see what I mean.)
     This was the best thing I could have ever hoped for! A diet that actually encouraged you to eat!! I was eating every 2-3 hours as recommended and was starting to lose weight!! Of course, I obviously didn't stick to the plan because otherwise, I would already be healthy and not doing this... But, I got distracted, and then the holidays hit, and life happened, and here we are today! So, I am focusing on eating the right things, at the right quantity, and exercising the crap out of my body! Obviously if you have any questions about the diet or you want to get started on it yourself I can refer you to some experts or you can even check out their website: http://www.zonediet.com/ :)
     --Angela

P.S. Here is the link to view the list of foods and a page of tips for eating out while on the Zone Diet and exercising on the Zone Diet. :) (You might need to copy and paste the URL... Sorry!)

http://docs.google.com/fileview?id=0B1qMerDH5pxMYzFkNmNlYmEtYjQyZC00Nzc1LWFhMzAtYmNiOWIyNDA3ODli&hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment