Sunday, May 2

Instant Gratification Your Instant Has Passed

132.0! What! That's 1.2lbs in 2 weeks! That's horrible! My husband gains that with a glass of water, and loses 5lbs when he uses the restroom! Come on. I want immediate results, instant gratification, reward without effort - what is this? I want people to see me and know about all the healthy choices I am making because of my totally trim and thin physic, I want them to envy my long and lean body, to want to be healthier just at the site of me; how am I supposed to accomplish this with an average of .6 lb. lost a week? 

Yes, that really is how I feel. I do know it's just an emotion and it's not a logical expectation; but having gone a whole two weeks without a chocolate chip cookie - my heart wants the world to know about my discipline at the site of me. Good thing I'm not doing this for what the world might think of the site of me, or I might give up. 

This past week has been a hard one. I started this diet as means of detoxing mold from my body, I originally started about 5 weeks ago. My first week I was so sick I could hardly get out of bed. So I lessoned the rules a bit, and a bit swiftly turned into, "what's a little mold going to do to me, bring on the McD's." Two weeks ago Angela and I talked about doing our health goals together, and so I started again. I was surprised the first week doing it with Angela that I didn't get sick, I thought it was a positive, maybe I had been sick enough the first go at it . But then this week (the second week) hit, and nope, apparently I hadn't been quite sick enough. It comes in bouts, hours of nauseating body and headaches where I want nothing more than to take two Ambian and wake up when the mold is gone (no I don't really have Ambian). Bouts are better than the first week (which was constant sickness) so I can do bouts - and I'm bound and determined to stick it through. As a family we're headed out to Arizona to see a Doctor who is well experienced in mold poisoning, I am looking forward to the help he can give (hopefully some ideas about how to kill the mold while not wanting to kill yourself). No, I don't want to kill myself, see Ambian example. 

This next week, I'm sticking the same to the anti-fungal diet, I will continue to experiment with recipes, posting them when I get a smile from my Fam. As far as the exercise, I'm dividing it into upper body and lower body, focusing on one every other day. After having had Aaron take some pictures of me, it is apparent the best thing I could do is probably run, and run a lot - but I don't have the mental energy to make myself do something I hate to do. One step at a time. So it will be about 45 minutes daily of toning, and then do some cardio at parks chasing kids, and such, and we'll reassess the cardio next week. 

Jennica

No comments:

Post a Comment