Friday, April 23

Meals!

     The past week has been a great experience! I only hope it will last the duration of this war on the bulge! I have gotten up every morning and exercised and I have kept to the diet!! I haven't had any sweets all week long, no exceptions! That is such a tremendous feat for me because I always let myself cheat... For example, if I would exercise in the morning I would always think it would be okay to have a few pieces of candy, because I had worked off calories that morning!! FALSE! If you want to lose weight then you need to expend more calories than you intake. Duh!
Well this past week I have been sticking to that philosophy! I have lost a few pounds, not enough to brag on, but enough to keep me motivated. With this new drive to be healthy I knew I would need to get creative with my meals, so as not to get bored. This week has presented me with two great trial and error recipes that I feel comfortable posting for the general public! :)

The first was a lime chicken fajita type meal, the other egg salad lettuce wraps! Yum!

1.)Lime Chicken Fajita
2-3 Chicken Breasts cubed
1 fresh lime or lime juice (Obviously a fresh lime tastes much better, but lime juice works just the same.)
A few spices of whatever you like, I used Crazy Jane's salt mixture and a Memphis BBQ rub. Sounds gross, tastes great!
1/4 c Sour Cream
1/4 c shredded cheese

Season chicken 5 min before cooking, then brown chicken, DON'T USE BUTTER! After chicken is mostly browned squeeze the lime until satisfactory to your taste, you can always add more later. When chicken is done browning put in bowl and add sour cream and cheese. Mix together and serve with salsa and flour or corn tortillas! :) A new family favorite!

2.)Egg Salad Lettuce Wraps
1-2 hard boiled eggs
1-2 tsp light mayonnaise (Quantity depends on how many eggs.)
Salt and Pepper
A little Mustard
Dill relish (if available)
1 Head of Lettuce

Mash up the hard boiled egg add mayo, salt and pepper, mustard, relish and mix until moist. Cut up head of lettuce into fourths to give you perfect size 'wraps'. Then you add the egg salad to the lettuce and wrap in together and enjoy! Very simple for light lunches or even snacks!

     Have fun with those and don't be scared to create your own masterpieces!! I came up with those by listening to my cravings... ha ha!

--Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment